Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Because I love you Thoughts from a crashed X-Wing December 23, 1990 “I saved Latin. What did you ever do?” Max Fisher-Rushmore

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take. God bless my Ma, crew and all the people down on their luck, Amen

Just takes a second to get out of the way. I was starting to get in my own way but remained confident I’d get away with it all. I’d get away with it all, win a state title and marry a blonde bombshell. I’d have babies just like me and I’d teach them too about the inherent evils the white man held poised and possessed. They’d have bright blonde hair they were scared to cut. They’d be hyperactive they’d dance, sing and steal things. They’ll excel in math and have a color wheel of legendary uncles men who understood my own sacrifice and knew how to keep a promise.

I’d broke the staggering realization of my own depression and although I’d catch occasional whiffs from my mothers on going battle I was at an apex emotionally. Basketball for the town I was so proud to be from had started. And I was on the team with my ten best friends, a family finally for both of us. Although part of my mother’s depression was her worry and I did little to mitigate the sting of her concern. And her mind it was great I had a bunch of new friends but half of them she determined were “just as loony as you! Oh god I never get a break, you better be home.” Unfortunately home was the last place I wanted to be.

Breaking windows soon became our weekly therapy every Friday night we called “nature walks.” It was a term Monster came up with. Breaking windows was great exercise for us being in season and all plus I was fast to the point I had little fear of apprehension.

Apprehension was a good term to become familiar with, as it should be avoided. Back then I never had a doubt one of us would get caught doing anything.

UNLV, finally we’re all on the same team in our own gang. Finally I’ve arrived. These are my teammates, the kids I’m supposed to win a state Division one high school championship with, a family, finally I’ll never let them down.

And that was it, my fall indoctrinate to AHS was over basketball our primary focus was now in play which meant an immediate suspension to all shady business. Plus I had to start going to class everyday for I was now “in” season and nothing could shake our hoops integrity.

No comments: