Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where Defense Began - Central remix, When The Music's Over Turn Out The Light's.

"sad when times move so fast we lose sight of who and why we got there." CEE

Big C in the mix from Something 2 Ponder with the opening riff!! And of course Preem ill scratch hooks. Now, I could give this one all away but nope. This was shot in all high def, but as I work through the very end of the footage and misc "lost" tapes suddenly re-appeared, I post the footage grainy and the audio clear, keep it a lil business since we give everything away for free anyway, get it? two Pac's????

Preemo calls it "warming it up the streets." I know this because A) I read magazines but B) know the mutha fucka well.

So much I want to say about Coach Farias, a titan! Forced out because he was tough, pzzzzzz. As N please. And I got the story, and I intend to write it with no formal training and or English classes ever attended. But it's in my heart and my brain retains, processes and executes that what's inside of it, gorgeous.

Here's the quote from the bible today to support this long sequence and mix. Out of the 29 mixes posted here since last August so little will make it. Anyway I tried to integrate in high def, just couldn't. This is a story, I'll past today's notes for the film and family below this quote. Here's the quote, It's from Fall River Dreams, the father of both Mike (back to back state titles 87-89) and Chris (Boston Celtics) Herren. Their father played basketball at Durfee like my man Coach Farias. In so many ways the center of our movie, why he lost his job, sad when times move so fast we lose sight of who and why we got there. Huh, I'll quote coach Farias right here and say respectfully, I should be quoted on that

Here's the best quote of the book Fall River Dreams

"I loved Skippy, to the point that I don't tolerate any bitching about Skippy in our house. When I played Skippy didn't have to tell me twice. He didn't have to pump me up. My practices were like a war. If you were on the other team in practice, I hated you. If I played outside in the park, I played every game like it was my last game. Guys would tell me to lighten up and I'd tell them to shut up. I didn't know any other way. If Skippy told me to punch a guy in the balls fourtimes, I would have done it five. I bought the whole package. Where I came from, we didn't have too many guys taking piano lessons if you know what I mean." Al Herren _ Fall River Dreams.

And minus the piano lessons, I felt the same way about basketball at Lexington. And I loved Coach Farias to the same point where I didn't tolerate anyone speaking bad of him ever in my presence. And like Mike Herren in the above referenced Fall River Dreams I liked to fight. I still do but it's in a different way now, as a broker , on the phone dialing for legit dollars. And if I treat my job with the work and dedication and respect that I did Lexington Basketball I'll be big. Thank you Jesus for sparing me !

And I played every pick game like it was my last. And that's what it takes, to be successful, in life, it's war. And funny how we bail out the CEO's of investment banks and fire Coach Farias while cutting education. It's a known fact that the school committee told the man they were emphasizing sports. Can you see me shaking my head? The funny thing is I've now realized this documentary isn't even about basketball.

I used to tell the Big Guy coach Farias on an orange couch in the old ACE program after a bad report in high school, they have it all wrong Coach, I'm not a trouble maker I'm a son of Liberty." To which he'd reply, "yeah and a little out of touch."

Again much love to the crew that put down 300 hours and captured the end of an era of something I bought the whole package for too. Just like Al Herren.

You have to go home you see because the Big Guy told me I had to leave, and he was right. I had to leave so that I'd be able to come home if that makes any sense. Skippy should've given the same advice to both Michael and Chris out of the gates, wisdom, you think I wanted to leave? So thankful I did, he knew, I'm ALL give back all the time more days than not, support the YG foundation and stay tuned from a monster move out of LexVegasbiz@blogpot

one of a kind T's, 1 place to get them, coming soon, stay tuned our best idea yet, Matty Doran is in the house. ! Oh Yeah Jackson Doran from the Retar Crew has the same last name as you! You gotta come to Chicago, we'll bring the wives and tie it into business on of these days.

much love to Black KNight BTW and his clan holding down Roxbury and the barbar shop holding down DOT, in the cut, my happy place, yeah Keith you own a barbershop! So far from c house fades in the bathroom. Excerpt from Legendes Arriving to my court I’m tingling due to the usual development of goose bumps that evolve naturally whenever anybody inches unto their sanctuary. See to me I wasn’t arriving at a shitty court to throw some lobs at Stan (the rim) to catch breath ahead of yet another scolding domestic assault. No, I was the 12th seed in March madness an Astori kid that had danced his way to the sweet sixteen behind a cool carl Easton’s hot hand. I was going to carve that court. I’m the hardest hustler on and off the court. The court was my escapism. My dysfunction was the reason I was good. Games could be found anywhere. This is where I came to work. Hard sprints up and back, right and left, head always up. Stop and pop, side to side, jab and go, shake and stutter, inside-outside, baseline and back, thousand free throws, defensive slides till I cry, smack my face, bite my left arm, cry, take a free throw and if it’s a swish I’m all done, if it’s a swish I go home. I bury my first attempt and as I head home I drop my ball and nestle up to the baseline like an Olympic sprinter, I’m not done. Even as a kid I could here Coach Farias voice screaming “tap drill.” I could always hear him in the back of my mind rattling off his many truisms, “the most important day of the season is today.” Or “It’s up to you, how great to you want to be?” Coach Farias the head coach of the boys varsity basketball team inspired us to meet the challenge. I wanted to win a state title as a senior. No way was I done. push yourself. Suicide sprints followed by court length dribbles and power lay ups. Right side, left side, drop the rock underneath the backboard. Jump up and down touching the backboard as many times as I could until my legs dangled, became Jello and felt like Andre the Giant was on my shoulders. “Can you make a free throw when the game is on the line?” I could hear the Big Guy from his famous summer camps. Those were the moments that separated the winners and the losers. Tears, I felt so alive. I slowly walked shaking to the free thrown line. Two dribbles, a breath, spin of the ball into my primary shooting hand, bend and release. And I could hear him. “It’s a free throw, a free-throw, no excuse for ever missing a free-throw.” He was always with me at that court. “And that’s why we run like we do on the varsity level, you can’t be sucking wind at the end of the game. That’s when we press the most, you can’t bail out on your teammate and miss the free throw that costs you the state title because you didn’t pay the price in the offseason!” And as I released that free throw and in the spirit of “practicing perfectly” swish even if it was just especially if it was just you CEE

No comments: