Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Reasons MASS High School Hoops Rule Part I. Moses Parting the Red Sea



You gotta love MASS high school hoops, in a myspace, myface, 4 square, fake world, fake currency, atrificial life, cpu, cpu, cpu world, kids still come out. This is Lawrence Central, in our project the mighty Minutemen went down to Lawrence Catholic in front of an equally creative crowd.

One of our favorite cuts that Keebs and I spoke about long before we shot or should I say Carmine and or Keebs shot even 1 practice was the newspapers in the crowd. LHS, a forever packed gym from the 50's up until Bob was forced out in 2008 employed some of the more creative crowds in the rowdy rowdy eastern MA high school hoops scene. The kids would all rip out Globe sports sections and put them smack dab in front of their face while the visitors starting lineup was announced.

Anyway this is a gem, I'd post the papers in lexington from the 80's but we need to hold on to some gems, right? otherwise you'd never see the film, holla! This was a nationally featured shot today, love to see eastern MA especially the former arson capitol of America lawrence getting some shine. Big up's Term and Slain, Preem and the Dream Team (us.)

This is dope, long live high school hoops and school pride.

Happy Hump Day.

Chucky P Here's a picture a classic mis print of Lloyd "Fudge" Mumford for all of you die hard lexington Hoop fans. This is the only picture in the world that shows Lloyd playing varisty rocking a uniform that didn't wear #11. Classic. If it was a trading card in my world it would be worth millions.
And speaking of trading cards, here's an Nba COLLECTORS CARD FROM THE 70'S OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY BALL AT LEXINGTON hIGH SCHOOL. wHERE dEFENSE BEGAN, rONNIE lEE. Afro is killing it kid (SIGH) Everybody loved Ron Lee. But no one loved him more than the kids. We bought kneepads because we wanted to dive like he did. We imitated him in our driveways, crashing to the hoop with no concern for personal safety (to our parents’ chagrin). We actually enjoyed playing defense. We called him “Taz,” short for “Tasmanian Devil,” because he had as much energy as the famous cartoon character, never sitting still for even a moment. On the court, Ron seemed like a big kid himself, playing within the team, but with unstoppable enthusiasm and an evident sense of enjoyment. He symbolized the sheer fun of the game, the thrill of doing what you loved in life and giving it everything you had. Ron Lee was ours.
Thanks to jay Campisi for the pull

3 comments:

fudge said...

Yo truth, I don't know how you did it, but you managed to find a picture of the only time I ever wore number #14. the reason I wore number 14 was because on gameday my jersey got lost and that was the only 1 left that I could wear. this is definitely a picture I forgot about but you managed to find it deep in the crates. Ur the man my dude....

fudge said...

Yo truth, I don't know how you did it, but you managed to find a picture of the only time I ever wore number #14. the reason I wore number 14 was because on gameday my jersey got lost and that was the only 1 left that I could wear. this is definitely a picture I forgot about but you managed to find it deep in the crates. Ur the man my dude....

fudge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.