Monday, July 18, 2005

Inagural dunkage

Mon PM.

With little fanfare and only Pete-Nice outside smoking his token Marbolo Light after a little after work hash toke, well so begins the mobb of blogg, the shit of crap and my next theraputic experiment. I feel Doogie Houser MD at the end of an episode. Pete - Nice's exit and subsequent shutting of my rooms door signals time to lighting type. I type in some ways metophorically to how I live. With smashing disregard to protocol or tradition I type effectively and in a timely manner using whatg I have left. Many times such in life I have to go back over what I did or wrote. It's because I type rapidly and never look at the monitor. Sometimes in life I run through the options,impuslively choose without first addressing the consequences. At work peers would stop dumbfounded the first time they watched me rip keyboards with a focused celerity.

Today.... today was wonderful, manic Mondays are typically the worst and today was OK. The almost four hour train ride in the pouring rain back to Washington DC from the big apple proved bearable thanks in small part to the New York Times Sunday edition tethered to a slew of my own analogies and realizations reagarding my endless love affair with Amtrack railroad and their employees.

Yesterday riding Amtrack along with it's almost always courtesy staff sparked off a sensation of being transported back to nineteen seventy three. Put it this way if you had access to the Dolorian time machine from Back to the Future and wound up on that train minus the laptops and other give away the era gidgets you would say early seventies 4 sho. This goes first to the semblance, logos and general decoration Amtrak still pumps. It hasn't changed since the early seventies so right there atmosphoricall.

Snap your fingers pray to Steven Spielberg and, imagine!

It's as if the class of seventy three, high school kids that didn't target college were all hired to the same railroad. Thirty five years later they have simply not left. The styles of speech and mannerisms fueled partly by the fact that the food and beverage menu screams early seventies give this time warp quite a spring in your summer travel. That the entire enterprise has become a beacon of mishandling, mis managment and embarresment weighs nothing on my judgement. At least the calls to privatize the railroads along with everything else have had that neo-conservative air taken out the their sails, briefly. Enron bought the railroad as well as social security more minutes. However in America a country in which we race to forget the past, timetables of remeberence and how they relate to social legislation are never fixed or precendented items. I had to briefly use the forum of Amtrak to take a swipe at the real origins of Enron. It wasn't Kenneth Lay but the lawmakers that dismantled and undressed the nations energy markets to be raped by right wing whores and their self guiding / fulfilling economic manifest destinies. I should know, I'm a currency broker.

BORF - cool story dawg, much respect to being Batman for a second. Art is everywhere and you've been remembered.

Republicans last week came out and apoligized to black minority voters for not reaching out to them more throughout American history. I guess they just figured their interests in proffesional oppresion, tax breaks for the rich, the scaling back of welfare and racial profiling to name a few might have been a tough sell.

So train ride good, Jurrasic park type rain the whole way! and Amtrak of course in line with the motif had MAD rain leaks. We made OK time but on a Sunday regardelss of season these days that's a victory. New York is amazing and extra dope lately because my endless summer just moved from Brooklyn to So Ho, plus she designs womens lingerie. It's not easy leaving that mecca anymore and coming back to the slow yet fascinating charm of life in Washington DC.

I marinated over a some hash and discussed the weekends of my fellow roomattes. Crazy weekends in the mselves, my roommate the jigga man got to where the Red Sox championship ring at a privare function in Brookline MA. and Pete Nice got to carry his girl home after she blacked out on her birthday. I got to walk in the East village earlySat AM and see twenty foot long snakes on shoulders, doo wop groups, a young Malcom X, arts of bodies and buildings.

I reniged on my no drinking on the train promise to self on drug related charges. Travel days for have as long as can be remebered been like most others, get faded days. It's just in my blood plus I'm quite a rationalizer. Not too bad as funds disappeared girl in Aruba style, this economic reality hamered my Budweiser efforts. They will take a credit card but not debit card, this is what the guy actually told me. Greasy geri curls by the way, bald on the top, cheap gold everywhere. He hadn't liked me from the jump. Amazing to conjure as more often than not I dazzle hired help. He was further creased the first time I asked and was without my ticket which I had left on my seat. ADD plays a big part in this Blog. The device they use to run the credit/debit cards is from the early seventies. Nothing to plug in straight rural gas stations is where you'd find an attendant run the physical card over whatever the word I'm looking for there is. Plus it took some effort and I believe he geniunely didn't want to be bothered. Also I felt judging everything else aforementioned in this piece that Amtrak has probably seen a few dead cards people hustle for food and drink. Since as in most of their devices there is nothing to plug in verification of a dead card is not plausable. He'd been burned before and maybe conjured up conculsions about me.

So just a few beers. I had Pete-Nices small wooden bowl with me full of Denk from my last stop at Magics. I took it from Pete withoutasking and left it at Summers a couple of weeks back,lasttime i rolled 2 NY. With no lighter I was content to read, write, stricklty obersve Amtrak nuances and attempt for seconds to sleep.

I close with the Bangles cause every Mon I wish it was a Sunday just like the song says. Jogging rescues me from many of the worlds ailments that plague me. Broke from NY but forever bullish on heart - Monday was OK. The $ was flat and Karl Rove has the makings of Watergate. Absolute power corrupts absoltely, a watergate quote but thinking how this administration based and thriving on fear came into office right before thatfatal day in our recent history. With a republican whitehouse and congress, oil zilla from Texas got real big dick willy with those ninety percent popularity ratingsfollowing the attacks. They designed a war and felt they were untouchable under the auspicesof what they believed was a doctrine imume from real discussion. Steam rolled a war plan and lied. Who really wants to have an ethics discussion. This is our ethics president, gimmea break. Sellcrazy some where els, all stocked up here.

So Rove,something for the left to get enamored over. There's much there but it's also potent and still very powerful white house.

2 everyone crushing Tuesday and living. Softball behind the white house tomorrow at seven. My companies team is 0-4,Pete Nice is the manager,our pitcher smokes in warm up's and for all intensive reasons we view like the bad news bears.

I have a good feeling about tomorrows contest.

running is key.

Love you Reggie

2 comments:

TheJiggaMan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheJiggaMan said...

Sometimes it bothers me that Mike Masters wasn't watching the NBA draft when Gerald Green fell to teh Celtics at #18, but then I remember he was at a hot ass concert.

Pete Nice for President